I grew up on a farming property between Wellington and Dubbo NSW before commencing a traineeship with Southern Cross in the 1980s. Since 1986 my entire career path has evolved around the irrigation and water industry in Australia. I have worked through droughts, floods and significant advances in water efficiency technology.
I have extensive knowledge and experience in all types of irrigation applications – from design to construction. My experiences have supported clients ranging from small holdings, major organic exporters, mining and cotton companies, through to local Councils, State & Federal Government and the Department of Public Works and Services. Gained experience in projects from localised dairies to waste water management systems with multiple Centre Pivot & Lateral Move Irrigation sites has evolved my lifelong successful career in the water industry.
- Developing and delivering a range of capital works projects by using Irrigation Industry knowledge
- Coordinating design, tendering for and managing contractors, providing technical direction and ensuring projects are delivered within pre-determined limits of time, cost and quality
- Collaborating and managing client and project needs using effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- End to end project oversight and delivery – including project planning, budget management, risk management, issue management, personnel management, client management, commercial issue management, testing management.
- Leadership to create purpose, direction, drive and cohesiveness to achieve maximum business outcomes.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Problem solving and analytical ability to generate information that provides sound business decisions.
- The ability to communicate technical issues logically, clearly, and concisely in both written and verbal communications
- The ability to work to deadlines, and proven experience at exceeding client requirements
- Able to work within a team environment to deliver collective results
- Facilitate the delivery of irrigation training both in the field and classroom
Centre Pivot and Linear Move Irrigation Experience
Joint Founder, Company Director & Secretary of TEAM Irrigation Pty Limited established in April 2003 until its sale to Ruralco in 2018. Until December 2015 TEAM Irrigation was the NSW distributors of Zimmatic Centre Pivot & Lateral Move Irrigation systems manufactured by Lindsay Corporation in the USA.
In December 2015 TEAM Irrigation ended its 13 year association with Lindsay Corporation & became the first Master Dealer for Valley Irrigation in Australia.
In March 2018 TEAM Irrigation was purchased by Ruralco Holdings & became part of its extensive & growing Ruralco Water Group.
I retained the position of General Manager Dubbo Operations & oversaw the Regional expansion of Ruralco’s water division.
May 2019 New Position within Ruralco Water Group – Project Design | Irrigation Business Development Manager
After nearly 17 years I resigned my position with TEAM Irrigation – Ruralco was sold to Nutrien Ag Solutions from Canada (Owners of Landmark) effective 24/12/2019.
In 2020 I planned a well earned gap year to reassess my future career path. After witnessing the severe drought of 2019/20, I was encouraged to use my extensive skills in the water industry and thus established the Chandler Water Group – irrigation and water industry consultants.
Happy to discuss your needs and develop the best path forward for you or your client’s water.